Thursday 27 November 2008

Oji's Muay Thai Virgin No More - With Blood & Sweat!

Chaowalit waiting his opponent calmly

Mr.Jeab attending Chaowalit by the ringside

What can I say, this was my first experience with big Muay Thai event - Kelantan Nov 2008. And I was the floor crew to boot - ALL ACCESS tag dude!


The sound of heavy powerful bashings and sprinkle of sweats & blood were priceless to experience so close to the ring. My heart was racing as if I was the one fighting. Involuntary shouts, whoops and claps came freely from me. Now I can understand when Boxxtomoi aka Mus said "you'll get hooked once you are beside the ring so close to the fighters".

This was also my first time meeting & mingling with the NakMuay. Before and after fights. To be able to see behind-the-scene ready-room. The preparation of oiled massages, the ritualistic donning of Mongkon. Also the proud faces of winners, and the concealed anguish of losers. But here I see no hate between them, only respect. Nor do I see big-headed pride. Just respectful, spirited, sportmanship - no not sportmen, but WARRIORS. In a sense, I see all of them as winners.

Thanks to Mus & Kawanboxx, I can now tell my grandchildren my little bloody & sweaty story LOL. BTW, The fees I paid to be a KawanBoxx was really a charity. From Kawanboxx to ME! Not the other way around. Thanks once again.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha virgin no more??

    hahaha nasib adex still virgin after all...ya..what a great experience... i should tell my grandchildren too...hahahaha

    meriah betul...

    it is so nice...hard to explain!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your mark!