Tuesday 20 January 2009

Gombak Bangsal Nak Muay


Last sunday me and KawanBoxx crew - Musaddik and Azizan went to Melati area to check out a bangsal Tomoi place. The kru there wanted to put his fighter on the ring. So we went there to get to know them. Personally I was curious because Melati is borderline from where I live and I've never heard of them.

BTW they call themselves Fyling Cobra Tomoi Club.
First of all, these guys are hardcore. I mean the equipments and training facility (if we can call that) are all self-made! Buckets filled with cements for barbell, old tyre wrapped on pole for punching target, and other weird contraptions lying around that make me feel, wow this guys must be training real hard - hard as in under-equpped.
The ace fighter, Amir, is quite good. He got all the Nak Muay quality - setong (strong), goodheart (stamina), and most important HUMBLE. We were not there long enough to see his complete training regime but I must honestly say Amir would benefits better in a real gym, with real tanner (trainer).

After we went back, something occurred to me. That I have better gym acccess than this guy and I lack the motivation that this guy has. I am determined to push myself harder on my Muay Thai training. And be able to kick as powerful & as high as Amir can :)

Chokdee! Ohhweeyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your mark!