Sunday 30 August 2009

Gloomy Sunday

Note: This a depressive and mysterious song by Reszo Seress, that caused many deaths and suicides in the early 20th century. Some said it is a cursed song. Know more about it here and more detail here.

My fav retake of the song is by Sinead O’Connor which uses the revised ‘radio-friendly’ lyrics and orchestral composition. The original was VERY haunting and doomy. Here is the original lyric plus a few other translation.

You can listen to the song at Imeem free MP3 preview. Recommended remake by: Elvis Costello, Sinead O’Connor (orchestral) and Sarah McLachlan. One artist did record the original composition & lyrics in english – look for Diamanda Gallas @ Imeem. Be warned, this version is true to the original cursed composition…

Rezső Seress, the composer, jumped to his death from his flat in 1968.

Gloomy Sunday (revised)

Sunday is gloomy,
My hours are slumberless
Dearest the shadows
I live with are numberless
Little white flowers
Will never awaken you
Not where the black coaches
Sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thoughts
Of ever returning you
Wouldn’t they be angry
If I thought of joining you?

Gloomy sunday

Gloomy is sunday,
With shadows I spend it all
My heart and i
Have decided to end it all
Soon there’ll be candles
And prayers that are said I know
But let them not weep
Let them know that I’m glad to go
Death is no dream
For in death I’m caressing you
With the last breath of my soul
I’ll be blessing you

Gloomy sunday

Dreaming, I was only dreaming
I wake and I find you asleep
In the deep of my heart here
Darling I hope
That my dream never haunted you
My heart is telling you
How much I wanted you

Gloomy sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your mark!