Tuesday 20 November 2012

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World


Last night there was a blackout in my area. It was a big one. All lights went out. I mean it seem like whole town was out. I was plunged into total darkness and all around felt quieter. All around felt… dead. Even my cellphone connection was out too.

The blackout took quite a while and its taking an effect on me. Sitting by a small table with a few lit candles, I felt a tinge of sadness, loneliness, and a little doomy. It remind me of a movie ‘Seeking a friend for the end of the world’. Excellent movie by the way. The last scene was about an impending meteor crash that will end the world. The last few minutes portrays how two lost people, met toward the ending of the world, bonded in journey, and fell in love – only to have less than couple of hours to enjoy the newfound connection. This couple endures the Ending together. While in a blackout, surrounded by lit candles. It was doomy.

Given my circumstances, I felt deeply connected with that movie. Only that I was alone. Felt utterly alone. While in a blackout, surrounded by lit candles.

It was doomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your mark!