Tuesday 14 October 2008

Oji's Personal Muay Thai - pt.1

OK I will try to keep a blog on my journey back into Muay Thai. Above all I need to record my personal progress, not some oh-look-i-do-muaythai kinda thing. So yeah shut up you prick :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phase 1 - Stamina & hardening process
First of all, I've been really out of shape! I started slow by stretching longer and then start to jog slow. I didn't go far - about 3-4KM only - man i was REALLY pumping and out of breath! A-pack-of-cigarette-a-day really show it's toll on me. My legs was fine, but my lungs & heart really need a work out. It was burning!

After that, did an hour or so of simple MT strike & steps. This is the hardening part. I don't really go for powerful strikes, just some technique and hardening the bones - particularly the elbow strike on mango tree (I need to get a punching back soon and banana tree is nowhere to be found so i can harden the leg/knee strike). Oh well some bruises are good for the hardening process. Anyway this is what was taught to me when I was younger :)

the left elbow. the right one has more bruises n bumps its fun to look at lol - but can't get a decent pic

Tomorrow I will try to do atleast 3KM without panting so much and ofcourse the hardening again...

5 comments:

  1. Anon, that was just a trick of the camera & angle. In reality there are a lot more workout to be done! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah ada macam gengster jugak ini gambar - jom G kita jog sampai 7E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, saya tunggu awak saja encik! saya suda start, Anda Bila Lagi? haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your mark!