Sunday 28 June 2009

Half-Gifts

Past few nights I heard a wailing ambulance pass-by. Unexpectedly I felt a twinge of emotion somewhere in my chest. No its not a twinge for myself.

This morning, an old lady in wheelchair was ushered through my gate. An old friend of Mak. She’s so old and frail…obsolete. I felt that twinge again. And pity too. But Mak’s friend mustered little frail energy she has to visit her friend. Probably something worthwhile to do while they’re alive.

Something I’ve taken for granted.

Then came realization of Time. Something that I might lose. No, I WILL lose, someday. This mood suits the song playing right now.

I’m sorry, for all the ignorance this selfish ass caused you.

Song: Half-Gifts – Cocteau Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your mark!